· Froberg335 weeks
Support sites
Fusion Sites
PHP-Fusion
View Thread
 Print Thread
Terms Infusion v3.XX
gdaze
Hi Paul, I just tried mucking around with this again on a test mySQL DB.

I imported close on 6800 terms records into the DB, only for other parts of the DB to be rendered inoperable due to SQL and Server errors, timeouts etc. I then emptied out the Terms table, and things returned to normal again.

I am hoping that the Terms Infusion does not get bogged down by adding many entries into the DB.

I'll check the quality of the CSV file I used for importing, just to make sure it was alright. I did have a look at the Terms Infusion online, and the data appeared to be ok.

I'll write back soon.

George

gdaze
Hi again Paul, I worked it out.. there was a missing delimiter character in my export/import CSV file. It works ok now. Looking good, though I have a couple of other queries which I will address in another post very soon. G

gdaze
Actually, I have tried importing a smaller dataset with all fields set as 'text' with values encapsulated in double quote marks. They get into the DB table AOK, but there are issues with the relevant Includes file, which says something about there missing a delimiter referemce. I can't make it out, but as a result, it impacts on all other areas of PHP Fusion (News, Articles, Forums). I have to empty the Terms table so I can access those other areas again. I'll keep testing, see what else I can find.

gdaze
Ok, I see how you have prevented the use of the single quote/apostrophe mark in a term. i was testing the Term Title with persons names. This obviously wouldn't work if you had a whole bunch of Irish names like O'Connor or O'Brien'. Also, I was volume testing the Terms table. The more records you put in it, the more the entire mySQL database grinds to a halt. There must be some piece of code which runs a checking routine per record, which means the more records available, the more the system has to check, which in turn - slows the DB.

lelebart
any updates for 7.01? (7.02?)
I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again! Bart Simspon

http://www.valeriovendrame.it
muscapaul
Nope, I have virtually no time to develop these days.
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

sites: www.diptera.info (site owner); www.phpfusion-ned... (superadministrator)

Jump to Forum:
Donate
Please help to make
muscapaul.com
possible and enable
further improvements!
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Temporary email addresses
Please note: While activating new accounts I usually check them out. If I notice an account registered with a temporary email address it will be deleted.
Newsletter
Newsletters are for registered members only.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01/12/2021 16:45
Szép napot

13/06/2021 07:01
I found this site again!

21/04/2020 18:32
Barely...

11/11/2013 00:48
Cool! This site is still around!

18/10/2013 20:28
hey! Smile