Fusion Sites
PHP-Fusion
View Thread
 Print Thread
Terms Infusion v3.XX
ozancn
hi. it ll be work with mootool.js?

muscapaul
Dunno because I dunno what mootool.js is...
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

sites: www.diptera.info (site owner); www.phpfusion-ned... (superadministrator)

ozancn
2nd question

when we add write explain about term in the management there ll be active tinymce?

ozancn
3rd question

on pic u see text positions side by side it ll be under by under?
ozancn attached the following image:

[19.64kB]

muscapaul
1. See my first reply: What is it?
2. I have no expereince with TinyMCE so I won't be working on that real soon.
3. Explain further, please...
Paul

artur56878
Hello sory to my bad english i have a problem with this infusions . Look this site http://www.wedkarze.info/infusions/terms/terms.php and next klik fjkglghjlj the terms not show , why ?

gdaze
Hi Paul, I have got the Terms Infusion working for posts in Forums, and in News. However, though I can edit [glos] tags in Articles (the glos button displays ok), when the article is rendered back to articles.php (i.e ... articles.php?article_id=2), the glossary item doesn't display.

In your latest download build, does 'articles.php' need to be included/modified to take account of the glossary changes? I see that news.php is one of the changed files..

Be good to knock this one on the head.

BTW, if you recall, I was doing some testing work with you on this - for a small client about a year ago. I've since moved overseas, but am looking at this again for someone else.

Cheers

George

muscapaul
In a previous downoad package I inadvertedly removed the modified article.php, news.php and viewpage.php files because I thought the new BBcodes system would cover those. But as these pages don't use BBcodes but html tags I was wrong to do so. On the last revision a re-included two of them but apparently forgot to add the articles.php (whether I simple forgot to add the file to the download [1] or whether I forgot to re-modify it [2] I cannot check at this moment as the files are on another machine).
You should be okay to edit the file yourself using the instructions in tags_README_en.txt. If it is instance [2], then the line numbers may be incorrect.

Hope you can find the someone else, even though you removed overseas. (You were in Autsralia, weren't you? So where are you now?) If you can get them to cough up some dough that would be nice. I am moving to a new job in a few weeks and the pay will be less, so any supplements to keep running this site are welcome. :0
Paul

gdaze
Yeah I was in New Zealand actually. moved to AUST.

OK, I got it going. The Terms Infusion seems to work best on a fresh install. I have it working ok on a test webserver running a XAMPP config on Ubuntu. Works well.

On another heavily modified site (particularly in the area of news and articles), the news and articles pages won't render at all. The backend infusion admin for the Glossary and Dictionary is fine, but actually viewing pages crashes the system everywhere else. I've followed your TAGS document to the letter, the main areas of concern are in articles.php and news.php. Bear in mind though, the versions of those two files I have on this second site have been modified heavily from the core files, so I guess there is no guarantee it would work 100% anyway.

I am glad that its working on a clean install of V7, so thats ok. I can live with that. I'm not starting on this new project for awhile yet, many hoops and hurdles to jump over yet.. lol! But I'll keep you in the loop Paul..

Cheers.. Smile
Edited by gdaze on 13-08-2009 13:25

artur56878
muscapaul What about my problem

muscapaul
gdaze wrote:
Yeah I was in New Zealand actually. moved to AUST.
Jolly good.

On another heavily modified site (particularly in the area of news and articles), the news and articles pages won't render at all. The backend infusion admin for the Glossary and Dictionary is fine, but actually viewing pages crashes the system everywhere else. I've followed your TAGS document to the letter, the main areas of concern are in articles.php and news.php. Bear in mind though, the versions of those two files I have on this second site have been modified heavily from the core files, so I guess there is no guarantee it would work 100% anyway.
The present version uses some JavaScript to display some features on news and articles and there may be a script conflict involved. Does viewing the Glossary page crash the system when you try to view them from the Glossary index page or when you click a link from a Glossary item on, say, a forum page?

I could have a look at the news and articles scripts to see where the code has to be modified.
Paul

muscapaul
artur56878 wrote:
Hello sory to my bad english i have a problem with this infusions . Look this site http://www.wedkarze.info/infusions/terms/terms.php and next klik fjkglghjlj the terms not show , why ?
Sorry, I missed the question. gdaze posted after you and I did not have time to look at the site for a few days. The Latest Active Forum Thread Panel alsways leads you to the last post (gdaze's in this case) so I missed it.

I cannot really say what the problem is. I have not seen this happen before. Parhaps you can upgrade you version to the v3.11 and re-upload the files? If it then persists I can have a further look.
Paul

muscapaul
New version: v3.12

Changes in v3.12:
- Forgot to (re-)add necessary code to modified core file ../articles.php.
- Added a warning to this readme file concerning possible javascript conflicts since boxover.js is included on every page of the site once the modified files have been uploaded.
- Addition of Italian locale (thanks to Rodagon).

Update:
If you are still on a release before v3.09:
Please update to v3.09 as described in this thread above.

If you are on v3.09, v3.10 or v3.11:
Upload the contents of both the files and changed-files folder to your server BUT if you modified one of the files included in the changed files folder for other reasons, see the readme documents for instruction on how to perform modifications to those files.
Run the upgrade in Admin Panel -> System Panel -> Infusions -> Terms.

DOWNLOAD (last version: 14.08.2009)
Paul

gdaze
The present version uses some JavaScript to display some features on news and articles and there may be a script conflict involved. Does viewing the Glossary page crash the system when you try to view them from the Glossary index page or when you click a link from a Glossary item on, say, a forum page?

I could have a look at the news and articles scripts to see where the code has to be modified.

Hi Paul, viewing the glossary is fine, and making additions and edits to managed words is ok. Just the articles.php and news.php that are issues. As mentioned, they are heavily modified, and soon it will be getting to a point where it would be really nice if a couple of key infusions for me were bundled together (namely muscapaul's 'Terms' infusion, Johs Lind's very nice 'Hierarchy2' infusion - which manages article categories and sub-categories, plus Diemux's next/previous article infusion, and lastly the Article Breadcrumb infusion (can't recall who the author is - but it is nice). If we had an articles.php (plus admin/articles.php) which incorporated all of those, then I would be a happy man!

Thanks for offering to look at the script, but it's ok, we'll leave it for now.

George

artur56878
Unfortunately, I still is not working properly, this plug-in. Overwrite your files and also your manual modification is not working well. When you click on a word in the encyclopedia there is a blank page and nothing more.

muscapaul
I don't mind helping you out to check where things are going wrong, but I may need access to the site and server. However, my present sutuation does not allow my much time to dos so. I'll keep in touch.
Paul

artur56878
how to enable add the ability to add words to the users?

muscapaul
Logged-in members should see the option to suggest a term at the bottom of the terms.php page. Admins do not see that link as they have other means to add terms. Submitted terms are categorised as 'Submimtted' so admins can recognise them but there is no sense in having admin added terms being categorised as submitted by default.
Paul

artur56878
Ok it's working Smile Thanks Smile

muscapaul
New version: v3.13

Update from v3.12:
Upload the modified files mentioned under the changes below. Next upload the infusion.php files (but please make certain you rename them correctly) and update the infusion in Admin Panel -> System Admin -> Infusions.

Changes in v3.13:
- Updated modified core files articles.php and maincore.php after PHP-Fusion core update to v7.00.06.

DOWNLOAD (last version: 15.12.2009)
Edited by muscapaul on 16-12-2009 05:13
Paul

Jump to Forum:
Donate
Please help to make
muscapaul.com
possible and enable
further improvements!
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Temporary email addresses
Please note: While activating new accounts I usually check them out. If I notice an account registered with a temporary email address it will be deleted.
Newsletter
Newsletters are for registered members only.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01/12/2021 16:45
Szép napot

13/06/2021 07:01
I found this site again!

21/04/2020 18:32
Barely...

11/11/2013 00:48
Cool! This site is still around!

18/10/2013 20:28
hey! Smile