· Froberg337 weeks
Support sites
Fusion Sites
PHP-Fusion
View Thread
 Print Thread
Extended Profile v2.xx
SoulSmasher
here's an updated version of turkish locales, (there were two untranslated lines)

thanks Smile
SoulSmasher attached the following file:
turkish.zip

muscapaul
Thx. They been added.
Edited by muscapaul on 12-02-2008 02:06
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

sites: www.diptera.info (site owner); www.phpfusion-ned... (superadministrator)

Miras
Hi,

I made Polish locale for Extended Profile 2.20. You may add it, if you want.

Miras
Miras attached the following file:
polish.zip

muscapaul
Cheers. I'll add it tomorrow.
Paul

muscapaul
Done.
Paul

Khalan
Hello there. This infusion is extremely helpful. I happen to have badly needed this for a long time now. The only thing I am wondering about is if there is any way possible to integrate it a little further into php-fusion in the manner of having a customer field display around the page in place of the user_id. Basically I have added a 'Screen Name' field which I want to be the publicly displayed name for the user, but they use the actual login name to log into the fusion site (slightly increased security as I will also be removing all displays of the actual login name).

muscapaul
Let me know which pages you want to change the username into the screen name and I'll check which code needs to be inserted. You also need to let me know which name you have given to the database field.
Paul

Khalan
Database field is user_screenname

registration, news posts (I think I can do that one), shoutbox, user_info_panel, forum, private messages, online users panel.

Pretty much anywhere that someone other than the owner of the account can see the login id (except admins of course). The other catch is, this must be a unique ID just like the login ID (don't want people having the same screen name).

I know this is a huge request for assistance, but I will work with you on releasing the entire mod once it's up and running if you like so the world can use it. It's handy for extra security for patrons. (I'm actually using it for a video game server I am assisting in developing and the account from fusion is linked to characters from the game).

What I have so far is on http://rgsource.net. (I created the theme on that too).
Edited by Khalan on 08-03-2008 02:38

muscapaul
In registration it is not possible to uses extended profile fields. You'll need to have the standard username for registration.
Another option is to choose to change all locale instances of 'User' and 'Username' into Screenname. So people should register with their screenname and extended profile could contain something like a real name (if so desired). This would ensure unique names, like it is with usernames.
Paul

nameofperson
Hello!, quick question.I installed the newest version 2.20 with php-fusion 6.01.13, but for some reason when i try to infuse from the admin panel it will refresh saying its installed but no entry will appear on "infused infusions".I replaced the files as per the readme, but when i try to edit a profile it says it cant find the fusion_extended_profile_props table. I tried erasing the folder from the infusions folder, restore backups and try again, but it will always say the infusion has already been installed.

I'm very new to php-fusion, so i'm not sure how to "defuse", but any help will be gladly appreciated!!

nameofperson
Hello all, here's an update:
Ok, i managed to create the required tables by reading the infusion.php file and doing it directly in my php-fusion tables, but im still missing the infusion from the admin panel. I believe i can edit the profile properties directly in the database, but i'd still like to have the panel to do it more easily.

hope this info helps, thanks a lot!

muscapaul
I gather you cannot acces tha admin page for defining profile fields. In fusion_admin you should create a new entry manually with the following values:
admin_rights: IP
admin_image: infusion_panel.gif
admin_title: Extended Profile
admin_link: ../infusions/extended_profile/extended_profile_admin.php
admin_page: 4

Paul

nameofperson
Thanks, that did make the panel come up, only for some reason i see the php code instead of the actual rendered page....Angry
hahaha, sorry for the heap of trouble, thanks!

muscapaul
Hmm, did you upload the files in the right way?
Paul

nameofperson
Apparently the whole reason for the problem was that the files extended_profile_admin.php and infusion.php in the folder lacked the proper <?php head.....might want to double-check the original files, i'll download again and check for myself.

sorry for the obvious posts, its working now, thanks a lot!

muscapaul
You are right. Thanks for the reminder. I should have corrected it when I noticed it when I started updating the files for v7.
The first line was <? rather than <?php. In higher versions of PHP or maybe browsers (I am not that much of an insider Wink that might make a difference on how the files are parsed.

I updated the download. The link is in:
http://www.muscap...6#post_306
Edited by muscapaul on 01-04-2008 19:07
Paul

nameofperson
Thanks, sorry about that, keep up the good work!

muscapaul
No need to apologise: The mods only got better because of it. Smile
Paul

jben
Okay, so I may just be dumb, but the infusion is working properly on my regular domain, but I'm having a problem with the seperate instance of php fusion on my sub domain. When I go to Infusions > Extended profile, I click the submit button and I have a not found error. Well, the files were uploaded to the subdomain in the proper structure, but when my mouse hovers above the submit, I find that it is adding a directory ie- xxxxx/infusions/extended_profile/extended_profile_admin.php

the xxxxx represents the directory from my domain that the subdomain is pointed at.
the actual site is
themagicdbc.dimoltofuoco.com and the directory it's pointed at is www.dimoltofuoco.com/magic

when browsing the subdomain, the browser bar never changes to www. it always has the subdomain.domain.com

any ideas?

muscapaul
Try this version. It has some code changes that will be applied in the coming update for v7 but they should work for v6 as well.
muscapaul attached the following file:
extended_profile_admin_1.zip
Paul

Jump to Forum:
Donate
Please help to make
muscapaul.com
possible and enable
further improvements!
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Temporary email addresses
Please note: While activating new accounts I usually check them out. If I notice an account registered with a temporary email address it will be deleted.
Newsletter
Newsletters are for registered members only.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01/12/2021 16:45
Szép napot

13/06/2021 07:01
I found this site again!

21/04/2020 18:32
Barely...

11/11/2013 00:48
Cool! This site is still around!

18/10/2013 20:28
hey! Smile