· Froberg340 weeks
Support sites
Fusion Sites
PHP-Fusion
View Thread
 Print Thread
Forum Threads Limiter
muscapaul
The first public alpha is presented for a Forum Threads Limiter.

In the whole forum there may be forums (like Off-topic, or Lounge) that are (ab)used too often and that muddle or obscure the on-topic forums. The Forum Threads Limiter will enable you to set a limit on the number of new threads created in a forum during a certain period (measured in multiples of 24 hours).
Also, it can happen that certain members flood forums and you want to prevent that. The Forum Threads Limiter also enables you to set a limit on the number of new threads a single user can create in a forum during a certain period (again measured in multiples of 24 hours).

DOWNLOAD:
Threads_Limiter_20070510.zip (last updated: 10.05.2007)
Edited by muscapaul on 27-08-2008 00:58
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

sites: www.diptera.info (site owner); www.phpfusion-ned... (superadministrator)

muscapaul
Small update to first public alpha is presented for a Forum Threads Limiter.

Changelog
V0.21 (alpha_24052007)
* Bug fixed: Corrected an error in the check whether a new thread could be posted or not.

DOWNLOAD:
Threads_Limiter_20070524.zip (last updated: 24.05.2007)

Uploading the files should suffice, if you have not modified the involved forum files. Otherwise, only upload the contents of the php-files folder and perfom the manual change of ../forum/postnewthread.php.
Edited by muscapaul on 24-05-2007 19:52
Paul

Wheeler
How hard would it be to alter this so it limits the number of threads and replies you can do globally on the forum?

muscapaul
Not sure. Maybe it is not that difficult. I will see if I have time to figure it out next week. My weekend has a rather full schedule...
Paul

Wheeler
Ok

If you can figure out a sysem that will limit the users posts only within a 24 hour period i'll pay you for it Wink

muscapaul
An update is available for the Forum Threads Limiter.

Added functionality: limited number of new threads / limited number of posts for members in the whole forum during a certain period (measured in multiples of 24 hours).

All modified files are based on PHP-Fusion v6.01.13.

DOWNLOAD:
Threads_Limiter_20071109.zip (last version: 29.02.2008)
Updates after initial release:
Addition of Danish and Dutch locales.
Edited by muscapaul on 29-02-2008 17:28
Paul

helmuth
attached the Danish locales Wink
helmuth attached the following file:
danish_1.zip

http://helmuth.dk/
muscapaul
I will add them soon. Thx!
Paul

muscapaul
Danish and Dutch locales added, download link above in http://www.muscap...4#post_204
Paul

Wheeler
"Added functionality: limited number of new threads / limited number of posts for members in the whole forum during a certain period (measured in multiples of 24 hours)."

Hiya

I downloaded this to take a look, i dont see any option to limit posts Wink

muscapaul
Go to the settings page in Admin Panel -> Infusions -> Forum - Threads Limiter. There you find two tables: Forum - Threads Limiter - Set Global Forum Limitation (with Global in Forum per User) and Forum - Threads Limiter - Add Setting for Specific Forum. You use the top one to limit the total number of new threads/posts per user over the whole forum.
Paul

Wheeler
Well Yea,

I know that Pal. But it's for Threads created in each forum, for example i can set myself to only be able to post a thread once in a particular forum, i then go back to post another one and of course - it wont let me.

But i can post as many replies as i want, there isnt an option to limit the number of replies a member can do

muscapaul
Isn't the "Limit all Posts" doing the trick...?
muscapaul attached the following image:

[35.86kB]
Paul

Wheeler
Huh

I dont see that, i downloaded the version from this thread. I will reinstall it pal cheers

Wheeler
Meh, I reinstalled and it aint there - the locals aint there either could you check the download package or point me int he correct direction Smile

muscapaul
The download package is the same as the version I use on my website from which I took the screenshot. I found out that Set global Forum Limitation is still hard-coded into the settings script. Sad
Paul

Wheeler
Do you have the code by any chance? Pfft

muscapaul
New version: 1.00

Features
- This infusion provides the possibility set a maximum number of new threads that can be created within a certain forum during a certain period.
- Any number of threads can be chosen.
- The period is given in whole days and is always determined in multiples of 24 hours from the present backwards.
So: The limit is set for a maximum of 'x' per 'y' times 24 hours. As soon as the the oldest of x threads falls outside the period, a new thread can be created.

- This infusion provides the possibility set a maximum number of new threads that a user can create within a certain forum during a certain period.
- The period is given in whole days and is always determined in multiples of 24 hours from the present backwards.
So: The limit is set so that a user can a create maximum of 'x' threads per 'y' times 24 hours. As soon as the the oldest of x threads falls outside the period, the user can create a new thread, provided that the maximum number set above is not reached.

- This infusion provides the possibility to set a maximum number of posts a user can do during a certain period.
So: The limit is set for a maximum of 'x' per 'y' times 24 hours. As soon as the the oldest of x posts falls outside the period, a new message can be posted.

- The strictest limit is always used.

Upgrading from PHP-Fusion v6 to PHP-Fusion v7:
Please note, if you want to upgrade your Forum Threads Limiter Infusion during a PHP-Fusion version upgrade from v6 to v7, there is no need to defuse the infusion. There will be no error messages as long as you upload the infusion files at the same time as the PHP-Fusion files. When you upload the infusion files, you can simply overwrite the existing ones.
PHP-Fusion v7 utilises a somewhat different system for administering admin rights for Infusions. In v6 it used to be a single setting that gave rights to all Infusions. Under the new version every infusion will be given its own code for admin rights. As a result it is necessary to run an upgrade script (../infusions/forum_limits/v6-7upgrade.php) that will at least add the rights for the primary Superadministrator. The file has checkboxes to indicate whether all superadmins should be given access rights to the Forum Threads Limiter Infusion and/or whether all admins with Infusion Administration rights should be given those rights.
This script only needs to be run if a site is upgraded from PHP-Fusion v6 to v7. Even though a check has been built in to prevent the script from being run after the upgrade has already been performed, it is advised to delete the script from your server after upgrading.

Changes in v1.00:
- Code completely updated for compatibility with PHP-Fusion v7.
- Few minor code corrections for calculations.

DOWNLOAD (last version: 27.08.2008)
26.08.2008: locale references in infusion.php capitalized.
27.08.2008: Danish locale updated.
Edited by muscapaul on 27-08-2008 13:53
Paul

Mimer
I get this error after installing v. 1:
Download source  Code
Notice: Undefined index: flim101 in /mounted-storage/home10/sub001/sc15863-WIQP/fjotte.dk/forum/infusions/forum_limit/infusion.php on line 32

Notice: Undefined index: flim102 in /mounted-storage/home10/sub001/sc15863-WIQP/fjotte.dk/forum/infusions/forum_limit/infusion.php on line 33

Notice: Undefined index: flim101 in /mounted-storage/home10/sub001/sc15863-WIQP/fjotte.dk/forum/infusions/forum_limit/infusion.php on line 75

Mimer B)

muscapaul
Last minute update going awry. All locale definitions were capitalized, but infusion.php skippd attention. Download was updated. Should be okay now.
Paul

Jump to Forum:
Donate
Please help to make
muscapaul.com
possible and enable
further improvements!
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Temporary email addresses
Please note: While activating new accounts I usually check them out. If I notice an account registered with a temporary email address it will be deleted.
Newsletter
Newsletters are for registered members only.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01/12/2021 16:45
Szép napot

13/06/2021 07:01
I found this site again!

21/04/2020 18:32
Barely...

11/11/2013 00:48
Cool! This site is still around!

18/10/2013 20:28
hey! Smile