· Froberg337 weeks
Support sites
Fusion Sites
PHP-Fusion
View Thread
 Print Thread
Terms Infusion v1.xx
muscapaul
Sounds interesting but TinyMCE is something I have done anything with, let alone that I know what makes it tick or how to make it tick.
I have another infusion that I work with, that uses tiny image icons and on mouseover it will show an image. The image caption needs to be read from the database and I think I have almost got it that far that I got it working. The problem lies in the fact that there may be multiple items listed in a string and that makes a simple query useless. The text needs to be parsed to find all instances and the html code must then include all parsed items. So, for a Glossary, when you have three 'Glossarized' items in a string, the term has to be link three times, for the pop-up you need three different descriptions and, if provided, three different images.
With the work I did on the other infusion, I think I can build most of it (given time, and that is preciously little) but there arises a problem when terms are listed in two different categories. I have solved that issue for clickable links, so it will lead you to a page where you can select the applicable term (not yet in the download package, though). However, I am not quite certain how to solve that problem for popups. If administrators are conscientious and creative, they can at all times prevent duplicate terms, but not all admins will be like that.
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

sites: www.diptera.info (site owner); www.phpfusion-ned... (superadministrator)

gdaze
Thanks Paul,

There is a similarity as to what I am suggesting with this Infusion - along the lines of CHM files (HTML Help file documentation). You can build articles which have words in them, that can be linked to a glossary term, which can then be opened up in either a new window, the same window, or as a popup window. If people are familiar with using Help Authoring tools such as Robo Help and Author IT, then they will know what I'm on about.

What you are suggesting with your image icons being mapped to an image being read out of a database is similar to what I am thinking. Except the image (database) would instead be the parsed text out of the field 'Term Explanation', as per this Infusion.

For the purposes that my client is suggesting, they are only wanting to work with single items: not multiple, not that that makes your job any easier. I guess if someone has any Joomla experience on Glossaries, then that might go some way toward understanding the problem of creating them.

I will PM you a weblink so you can see what I referring to.

Cheers again

George (gdaze)

I reckon if this was able to be built, you would have a seriously good Infusion on your hands.

muscapaul
I think I got it covered mostly. Just have to deal with duplicate entires and some html validation issues.
Edited by muscapaul on 10-12-2007 18:21
Paul

muscapaul
Testing a new Glossary feature requested by gdaze: Orange, PHP-Fusion, Potato

Issues to be solved:
The gif displayed when an item goes without an explanatory image still needs to be edited (see Orange and Potato).
The width of the popup layer is still a little problematic with long descriptions.
The description in the popup layer is not shown when a link is included.
Edited by muscapaul on 11-12-2007 01:05
Paul

gdaze
Wow! Those new features look fantastic. Just what the Doctor ordered. I envisage this to be a very popular Infusion once completed.

Thank you for your excellent work thus far Paul.

George (gdaze)

muscapaul
After testing with you I think we have most of it covered. If you do not find any further quirks I think we will release v2.00 next week.
Paul

gdaze
I will carry out more testing in the Articles, Custom Pages and News areas. So far I think it looks ok, but will see if I can find anything unusual before the weekend is out.

Thanks Paul.

George (gdaze)

muscapaul
Excellent.
Paul

Jump to Forum:
Donate
Please help to make
muscapaul.com
possible and enable
further improvements!
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Temporary email addresses
Please note: While activating new accounts I usually check them out. If I notice an account registered with a temporary email address it will be deleted.
Newsletter
Newsletters are for registered members only.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01/12/2021 16:45
Szép napot

13/06/2021 07:01
I found this site again!

21/04/2020 18:32
Barely...

11/11/2013 00:48
Cool! This site is still around!

18/10/2013 20:28
hey! Smile