· Froberg340 weeks
Support sites
Fusion Sites
PHP-Fusion
View Thread
 Print Thread
Terms Infusion v1.xx
muscapaul
The infusions directory is in the folder php-files... but it appears as if the uploaded zip file gets corrupted. The zip file is okay when I extract it after compression. Uploading and then downlaoding it again gives a corrupted version. I will try to upload from another computer.

EDIT: The last downloaded file seemd to be okay. please try with a freshly downloaded zip archive.
Edited by muscapaul on 20-07-2006 00:38
Paul

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana (Groucho Marx)

sites: www.diptera.info (site owner); www.phpfusion-ned... (superadministrator)

BadBoy
Okay, it seems to be running pretty good so far.

1 question. When the are "Submitted Terms" and I click on the "Submitted Terms" link, it takes me to the terms admin page, but there is no way to tell which terms have been submitted. Or am I missing something? I am using this as the 'terms' infusion.

muscapaul
As admin, you have the option with Show Synonyms to display all submitted terms, including the ones that were placed in other categories.
Paul

muscapaul
The link in the Terms Submissions panel has been updated to show a complete list of all submitted terms rather than the terms in the category 'Submitted'. Also a slight improvement to the readme to indicate where the same list can be obtained from the regular terms list (see above).

DOWNLOAD:
Terms_beta20060725.zip (last updated: 25.07.2006)
Edited by muscapaul on 25-07-2006 15:15
Paul

muscapaul
New update:
* Modified maincore.php updated for PHP-Fusion v6.01.5.
* Bug in page navigation when sorting by starting letter/number fixed.

DOWNLOAD:
Terms_beta20060925.zip (last updated: 25.09.2006)
Paul

BadBoy
After I click on a glossary term to go see the definition, whenever I try to hit the "Back to previous page" button nothing happens except for a javascript error.

muscapaul
I will check for compatability issues with different browsers. MacOS X Firefox is problemless but Safari does not respond to the click. IE 6 on WinXP Pro also refuses but Firefox again is okay.
Edited by muscapaul on 26-09-2006 13:41
Paul

muscapaul
New update:
* JavaScript cod button 'Back to previous page' in ../infusions/terms/terms.php updated and now compatible with major browsers.
* Code of ../infusions/terms/terms.php cleaned to comply with W3C standards. Other files will follow.

DOWNLOAD:
Terms_beta20060926.zip (last updated: 26.09.2006)
Paul

BadBoy
Ok, the Back button is fixed, but now when I click on a bb code glossary term, it takes me to the complete list of terms. Just before I updated to the latest that you posted above, it went directly to the word with no problem.

muscapaul
Just the tiniest bit over-enthusiastic when cleaning up to code. Two changes reverted and that should cure the problem.

DOWNLOAD:
Terms_beta20060926.zip (last updated: 26.09.2006)
Edited by muscapaul on 26-09-2006 17:58
Paul

BadBoy
Thanks! Working good now. Smile

One more question: How do you get the letter categories in the terms list like you have here?

muscapaul
You mean like below?
A
apple
artichoke
B
banana
berry
C
cauliflower
cherry

So first a first letter, then all terms with that particular first letter, then the next first letter followed by the relevant terms, etc.?

All terms are sorted alphabetically, then the first letter is taken and capitalised. If the previous term had the same first letter, this letter is ignored and the term is given. If the first letter is new (another first letter or the first term on a page), the capitalised first letter is given in bold and font +1 followed by the term..
Paul

BadBoy
So do I have to edit something in order to get that to work for me? I'm not sure.

One other thing....my terms.php page has a table problem it seems since I updated. Screenshot [HERE].

muscapaul
Have you set the infusion as dictionary or as glossary? That feature built in but only available for the glossary.

I thought the table error might have been caused by incomplete cleaning of the code. Now I found that that particular error only occurs in some themes, so apparently not every theme responds to an error in the same way. I have found one closetable () statement that, when removed, will yirld a correct display in at least two themes that earlier gave an error. I will check what the result is in the themes that previously did not have a problem. As soon as I have checked I will update the download.
Edited by muscapaul on 03-10-2006 00:16
Paul

muscapaul
Well, I hope I solved the layout problem. Those d****d tables always get back at you in more complicated layouts, especially if the opentable () and closetable () definitions in the various themes are different. I hope the solutions do not cause problems in other themes and other views. I hope the code now is clean, too.

Replacing the files should do.

Edit: I have seen at least one theme that has an error in the Dictionary mode, so I will have to re-do my homework. Sad

DOWNLOAD:
Terms_beta20060926.zip (last updated: 03.10.2006)
Edited by muscapaul on 03-10-2006 16:40
Paul

BadBoy
muscapaul wrote:
Have you set the infusion as dictionary or as glossary? That feature built in but only available for the glossary.

Ok. I really like that feature and was using the infusion as dictionary. I have now changed it to the glossary. Pfft

I do not see any table errors using this as the glossary infusion.

muscapaul
I will see if I can change it to a setting somewhere, either user choice or admin choice. What would you prefer?

muscapaul wrote:
Edit: I have seen at least one theme that has an error in the Dictionary mode, so I will have to re-do my homework. Sad

Silly me, uploaded the wrong file to my own site. :S

DOWNLOAD:
Terms_beta20060926.zip (last updated: 03.10.2006)
Paul

muscapaul
New update:
* Modified maincore.php updated for PHP-Fusion v6.01.6.
* Code cleaned to comply with W3C standards (hopefully finished).

DOWNLOAD:
Terms_beta20060925.zip (last updated: 25.09.2006)
Paul

BadBoy
muscapaul wrote:
I will see if I can change it to a setting somewhere, either user choice or admin choice. What would you prefer?

I would prefer the letters being displayed. Looks more organized and professional in my opinion. Wink

muscapaul wrote:
New update

Is this an update only for terms? I only see terms related files and none for dictionary. Just want to make sure.
Edited by BadBoy on 14-10-2006 07:46

muscapaul
The whole infusion is the Terms infusion. The collection of terms can either be in the Dictionary (translations) or in the Glossary (explanations). They use the same files except for the infusion.php file and the locale files. The locale files are selected automatically upon infusion, so the only thing you should have to worry about is using the correct infusion.php file. Wink
Paul

Jump to Forum:
Donate
Please help to make
muscapaul.com
possible and enable
further improvements!
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Temporary email addresses
Please note: While activating new accounts I usually check them out. If I notice an account registered with a temporary email address it will be deleted.
Newsletter
Newsletters are for registered members only.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

01/12/2021 16:45
Szép napot

13/06/2021 07:01
I found this site again!

21/04/2020 18:32
Barely...

11/11/2013 00:48
Cool! This site is still around!

18/10/2013 20:28
hey! Smile